This next school year, try to set some goals to help yourself avoid burnout:
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Try to do something kind for yourself everyday, no matter how small
- Learn to say no. Here is a list of ways to say no - print it out and carry it with you!
- Stay away from negative people.
- Set time boundaries. Do not take work home every night. Remember, when you are
75, you are not going to say "why didn't I take more work home," you will say, "why didn't I spend more time with my family/doing things for myself."
- Spend some time listening to the music of your teenage years. Crank it up in your class, in your car, and even at home.
- Stop worrying so much about what other people think... know that you are doing your best and do not try to please everyone